CLAN: Age of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLAN: Age of Legends

Come and enter the world of CLAN. Come and enter a world of Legends.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Video Games!

Go down 
+2
Lizarbugon
Malcove Dredth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Malcove Dredth
The Runemaster
The Runemaster
Malcove Dredth

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Character Information
Name: Malcove Dredth
Race: Dinti: The Adept
Description & Attire:

Favorite Video Games! Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Video Games!   Favorite Video Games! Icon_minitime1/29/2008, 00:27

Woo-hoo! Lets start some discussions!

Alright, most people who get involved here are going to have a history with video games anyway, so let's hear about that video game that you could play over and over. That game you could never tire yourself of playing. The ones your friends have had to pull you away from so they could see you for the first time in a week (or month for you WoW players =P). Here's the places to share your incredible, edible, graphically-enhanced experience with the whole world! Or at least with the forum...

I'd have to say that game for me was Starfox64. It was the only game I could play over and over again for all four years that I had my N64. I found everything I could in that game on every world, fought Andross (fake and real) countless times, had failed and recovered friends of the Starfox team, I made General Pepper faint time and time again at the damage bill presented to him at the end of the game, and I looked forever for a secret area where you continuously had to "barrel-roll" baddies off of your ship to eventually gain the power of an ever-growing Arwing that would eventually become larger than the Great Fox (I eventually found out that this was a hoax, and I was saddened by the news). If ever I find my N64 and Starfox again, feel free to attempt to pry me away from the controller, but beware: I may snarl and possibly bite you. Only such a delicacy as ice might draw me away from the game.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/malcove
Lizarbugon
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Character Information
Name: Satrokeis
Race: Nagatani: The Charming
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games!   Favorite Video Games! Icon_minitime1/31/2008, 18:35

As much as I want to just blurt out as many Star Fox 64 phrases as I can currently think of, I'll refrain from doing so. I have to agree that it is a great game, and it was one of my earlier purchases for the Nintendo Wii's Virtual Console.

While I can't think of what to play favorites with, the game I've spent the most time in total, and will probably stay that way for some time, is Phantasy Star Online (Gamecube, not Plus. No online.). About two thousand hours went into that game, maybe. Though it receives no attention lately, its legacy is soon to continue when I get my hands on the Phantasy Star Universe expansion game, which will hopefully be today, if UPS decides to be friendly.

My favorite game is usually just what I'm currently playing.
Back to top Go down
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Registration date : 2008-02-02

Character Information
Name: Murchadh
Race: Nullmina: The Sea Watchers
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games!   Favorite Video Games! Icon_minitime2/4/2008, 11:00

Sigh . . . WoW . . . The Academy limits my ability to play games. WoW isn't really a game. It's more of an addiction. Sadface.
Back to top Go down
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Character Information
Name: Trance Maxwell
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games!   Favorite Video Games! Icon_minitime2/4/2008, 20:22

Hmm...picking an absolute fav. video game, or even two or three. That could be quite the tall order for me. Quite the tall order indeed!

I guess my truly 'true' immersion into video games began on two fronts nearly at the same time. My great purchase of a Sega Dreamcast, and my first adventure into the realm of MMO goodness. Don't get me wrong, I had played games well before that, owning several systems (from Atari to Nintendo, Snes and Sega Game Gear and the PS One) but nothing got me so involved as Shenmue and Asheron's Call.

I don't know exactly what it was about Shenmue. Maybe it was the immersive storyline, the quirky but very life like characters. Maybe it was the often times pathetic dialogue 'Do you know anyone that speaks the Chinese language?' or the completely pointless buying of little plastic figurines in the shapes of virtua fighters or sonic the hedgehog. Something about that game just made me want to start playing, and never stop...

Then there was Asheron's Call. My first trip into the MMO world that is the behemoth it is today. I would later go on to play nearly every MMO under the sun, which isn't an understatement I have probably played more MMO's than times NASA has wasted money in funding for pointless projects. Even though my character never got above level 40 (max was around 80 I think) I had more fun running around and exploring the world, getting lost, and then getting ambushed by creatures that could kill me with one hit then I would of level grinding my way to spending many a countless and sleepless night raiding dungeons in hopes that after the 50th time I might just get that special set of leggings I've been dreaming about all those months...In the end exploration and just being one bad@ss martial artist with a penchant for jumping off very high cliffs was enough for me...

And so we find ourselves in the present. We find me several times a week logging onto WOW and burning away an hour or two. Then usually logging off and banging my head on the edge of the chair and wondering 'Why do I continue to pay for these games??' and then perhaps its just the beginning signs of a coma or maybe its genius kicking in, but I find the answer. Just because it's fun. And everyone needs a hobby, and killing as many murlocs as I can is mine.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/astral_eyes
Malcove Dredth
The Runemaster
The Runemaster
Malcove Dredth

Character Information
Name: Malcove Dredth
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games!   Favorite Video Games! Icon_minitime2/4/2008, 22:34

Ah yes, the days of Shenmue and Asheron's Call. I do recall many nights playing another game while you played "Hasheron's", or just asking you when it was my turn to play. Many wonderful phrases came from AC, such as "Get in the portal!" Then there was the fateful night that I decided to take up Shenmue: You woke up the next morning just in time to see me complete the first disc; unfortunately I never saved, so the game made me start over. I was sad. But we got to relive Shenmue a few years later when I bought Shenmue II for the Xbox and we played that for pretty much an entire night. Ryo's first time expressing any emotion: "Hey! Give me back my bag!"

Whew, good times. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/malcove
Rowan
The worldhealer
The worldhealer
Rowan

Number of posts : 31

Character Information
Name: Moira Rowan Mallister
Race: Airetaim: The Fae
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games!   Favorite Video Games! Icon_minitime2/5/2008, 13:05

I lost my video game virginity to Civilization. There's just something beautiful about the right MS-Dos codes revealing a whole world for you to conquer and control. Then came...Age of Empires. *sigh* Not only could you discover the whole world, you could BUILD the whole world! It was lovely...but I do have to say that my favorite games are tied...Fallout 2 and Morrowind...If allowed, I could make like a Korean teenager and never stop playing them until I dropped dead...luckily I have responsibility, and a husband to take care of... Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/indigo_me
Soulknife
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games!   Favorite Video Games! Icon_minitime2/9/2008, 00:12

For me, it's hard to not go all the way back to the classics, and the classic that had me hooked when I was really young was a very simple one:

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

I know, it's almost cliched to have a Zelda game as an all-time favorite, but it's true. I played through that game so many times, looking in every nook and cranny until I found every heart piece, every bottle, every quick way to jump up to 999 Rupees, and every way to plow through the game, completely disregarding all those, just for something close to a record run-through. I don't remember what my best time was, but I know it was still a couple hours longer than the best recorded time (at the time), but it still made me proud.
Back to top Go down
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Registration date : 2008-02-02

Character Information
Name: Murchadh
Race: Nullmina: The Sea Watchers
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games!   Favorite Video Games! Icon_minitime2/9/2008, 02:09

Chrono Trigger still brings joy to my life . . . Great replay value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games!   Favorite Video Games! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Video Games!
Page 1 of 1