CLAN: Age of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLAN: Age of Legends

Come and enter the world of CLAN. Come and enter a world of Legends.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rediscovering Old Materials...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rowan
The worldhealer
The worldhealer
Rowan

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Character Information
Name: Moira Rowan Mallister
Race: Airetaim: The Fae
Description & Attire:

Rediscovering Old Materials... Empty
PostSubject: Rediscovering Old Materials...   Rediscovering Old Materials... Icon_minitime2/2/2008, 15:59

I was digging through my book collection the other day, and lo and behold, I dug out my old Alan Dean Foster collection! I was so excited, I thought I had lost it when our basement flooded and I lost 3/4 of my books. Alan Dean Foster, for those of you who don't know, wrote the Flinx Series. He is fantastic. If you like Science Fiction, I very much recommend him. Especially the collection of short stories called "With Friends Like These...". Fantastic!

Oh, I've also been rereading Madelein L'Engle's Time Trilogy. Great series, if you like interdimentional type things and the effect of the future on the present. She's a fantastic writer, her style is amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/indigo_me
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Character Information
Name: Murchadh
Race: Nullmina: The Sea Watchers
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Old Materials...   Rediscovering Old Materials... Icon_minitime2/4/2008, 10:26

Yes. Ms. L'Engle always did have a wonderful style. I don't know why -- it sounds silly as a man to admit this -- but I always enjoyed "many waters" -- probably because the Nephilim and Seraphim interested me . . good vs evil and all that. . . But I haven't read any of that since I was like... 14... so yeh.
Back to top Go down
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Old Materials...   Rediscovering Old Materials... Icon_minitime2/9/2008, 09:52

I'm not sure how many of you are into books about leadership or anything along those lines. . . But I've read two great novels lately . . . the book (not the movie) Starship Troopers is an excellent read. Also, Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield about the Spartan 300 at the battle of Thermopylae. . . both are written in a rough and tumble sort of way -- especially Gates of Fires with its oftentimes crude language, mimicing common soldier jargon. . . As an up and coming Officer myself, I found these to be entertaining reads with excellent ideas for inspirational characters.

Back to top Go down
Rowan
The worldhealer
The worldhealer
Rowan

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Character Information
Name: Moira Rowan Mallister
Race: Airetaim: The Fae
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Old Materials...   Rediscovering Old Materials... Icon_minitime2/9/2008, 14:30

Hmm...actually, Gates of Fire sounds right up my alley. *History Buff* And I have a special place in my heart for Sparta. They were, after all, the beginnings of the Women's Rights movement. Thanks for the suggestion! And let me make one in return. If you haven't already, you must read George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones. Spectacular Fantasy book, very raw and realistic, more Medieval really than Fantasy. NOT a children's happy story of Dragons and Kings, by any means. And he's an amazing author to begin with. Some of his more horror-esque stories had me looking over my shoulder for weeks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/indigo_me
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Old Materials...   Rediscovering Old Materials... Icon_minitime2/9/2008, 14:44

May I also suggest an account with Wowio.com ? free ebooks to download.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering Old Materials...   Rediscovering Old Materials... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rediscovering Old Materials...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CLAN: Age of Legends :: NON-CLAN DISCUSSIONS :: Books-
Jump to: