CLAN: Age of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLAN: Age of Legends

Come and enter the world of CLAN. Come and enter a world of Legends.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Formalities & Salutations.

Go down 
+3
Rowan
Downsized Titan
Trance Maxwell
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Character Information
Name: Trance Maxwell
Race: Dinti: The Adept
Description & Attire:

Formalities & Salutations. Empty
PostSubject: Formalities & Salutations.   Formalities & Salutations. Icon_minitime2/5/2008, 11:39

Just a couple of rules to let you all know about before you begin...

1) When your character is completely ready, send me a PM. or leave a post under here. I'll take a look over it and give approval and then you're free to post!

2) Keep it PG-13. What I mean by that is no excessive cursing/swearing, no excessive gore and violence, feel free to be descriptive but don't be disgusting! And keep the sexual references to a minimum (the minute your posts start looking like something out of a romance novel I'll have to delete them)

3) Remember that God-playing is strictly forbidden. You may be strong, fast, and cool but the minute you're completely unstoppable, myself or one of the moderators may have to intervene.

4) All posts made in this section are considered in character. for OOC (out of character) references please post in the Q&A sections.

Other than that, please have fun and enjoy the story!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/astral_eyes
Downsized Titan
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
Downsized Titan

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Character Information
Name: Murchadh
Race: Nullmina: The Sea Watchers
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Formalities & Salutations.   Formalities & Salutations. Icon_minitime2/5/2008, 12:28

<< Salutations. Please confirm in the affirmative that Murchadh is ready to play. Please see posts in Q&A about his interview -- "Fleshing our your Fledgeling Characters". Please see profile for description purposes. Murchadh in classic fantasy terms, is something of an "evil" protagonist. A swashbuckling pirate slave trader who doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself -- more character development will take place over a series of posts. Jamz out.>>
Back to top Go down
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Formalities & Salutations.   Formalities & Salutations. Icon_minitime2/5/2008, 12:55

Murchadh is good to go, as long as you weren't wanting to add any runes or pacts to him. Obviously some can be gained in game, just wasn't sure if you wanted to start out with any. Other than that, everything is clear and good to go. Like the interview idea, interesting to say the least...Good luck with him, you'll need it, especially if Malcove is around ^_^
Back to top Go down
Rowan
The worldhealer
The worldhealer
Rowan

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Character Information
Name: Moira Rowan Mallister
Race: Airetaim: The Fae
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Formalities & Salutations.   Formalities & Salutations. Icon_minitime2/5/2008, 13:01

Moira is set...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/indigo_me
Lizarbugon
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Character Information
Name: Satrokeis
Race: Nagatani: The Charming
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Formalities & Salutations.   Formalities & Salutations. Icon_minitime2/5/2008, 13:12

I am pretty sure Satrokeis is ready.
Back to top Go down
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Formalities & Salutations.   Formalities & Salutations. Icon_minitime2/5/2008, 13:14

Yes she is...Welcome to New Haven!

Satrokeis is good too! Welcome to New Haven...enjoy the weather...
Back to top Go down
Kalessin
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Character Information
Name: Kalessin
Race: Ryaka: The Insightful
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Kalessin   Formalities & Salutations. Icon_minitime2/10/2008, 11:37

Hello friends...
I am Kalessin, a follower of Sereus, and , more to the point, a Ryaka.
I was born in Vitocia, but have since made my ways to Bristonia. There had I served for several years on the Outlaw's Prayer. Perhaps not the most reputable of ships, but certianly not the worst.
I was the crow's man, for my excellent sight. No storm or cover of night would stop me.
It felt good to be so close, nearly immersed with the sea. to taste the salt upon my lips.
I live near the shore now. Everyone in a while, I'll lend myself out to a ship.
But now I bide my time in thoughts, and mediations, and in writing. I've been on the sea numerous times and have seen the world-what it is and what it could be.
The pain caused upon this terrestial sphere burns me inside. I see now why my patron, o blessed Sereus, shed such tears to fill the wounds of the world.
Please, do understand, I am no scholar, bent double from reading writing and arthritis.
No,no...I am in fact very much in shape. I may be missing a bit of my ear from my knife fights, but I bear my "badges" proudly.
Those fights....how I remember them. i had been taught several forms for disarming my foes and placing them prone. It was this skill in the martial arts that aided me many a time, and helped my crew.
My fingers, however, are losing their strength as the years begin to drip down, like a hole in a dam that is unpluggable. My impermeable will shall outlive this slowly againg body. And then shall I arrive at the true world, the first...the Nexus.
Not young, not old, but old enough am I.
If you seek a tale from an old rat...
look for me by the shore. For there i will weep of years gone by and wounds unhealed.
This is who I am.
Kalessin, the Ryaka of Bristonia.
Back to top Go down
MGCabbil
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
MGCabbil

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Character Information
Name: Abadonn
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Abadonn   Formalities & Salutations. Icon_minitime2/17/2008, 06:41

Abadonn is ready.
Back to top Go down
http://yourlocalartist.blogspot.com
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Formalities & Salutations.   Formalities & Salutations. Icon_minitime2/17/2008, 10:43

Looks good other than your rune. Just double-check on Runeology 101 and you can see some examples under some of the other character's sheets. The biggest question is of course the nature of your rune. I've been meaning to do a more in-depth runeology piece but haven't had the time yet. The biggest question about your rune is does it actually withhold damage from being recieved (ie: some form of force-field, or making your skin stone hard) or do you suffer the damage but the rune blocks the pain from your mind so that you can continue to fight past what someone could normally withstand?

If it's the first type then it would be Earth based. If it were the second it would be Mind based. So the setup for your rune would be:

(colorful name of the rune)-Earth/or Mind-Right forearm-Description and effect/s.

Other than that he looks superb! Going to be interesting to see how he holds up, being blind and everything though. cheers
Back to top Go down
Malcove Dredth
The Runemaster
The Runemaster
Malcove Dredth

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Character Information
Name: Malcove Dredth
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Formalities & Salutations.   Formalities & Salutations. Icon_minitime2/17/2008, 11:28

You may also want to think of giving Abadonn something to help him to "see" his way around since you haven't put anything down that would help him in that way. Unless you just liked the idea of a character that bumps into stuff all the time. =P
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/malcove
MGCabbil
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
MGCabbil

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Blind Runes 101   Formalities & Salutations. Icon_minitime2/18/2008, 03:52

1. "The biggest question about your rune is does it actually withhold damage from being recieved (ie: some form of force-field, or making your skin stone hard) or do you suffer the damage but the rune blocks the pain from your mind so that you can continue to fight past what someone could normally withstand?"

2. "So the setup for your rune would be: (colorful name of the rune)-Earth/or Mind-Right forearm-Description and effect/s."

-

1. The idea is to be able to withstand physical damage for an extended period of time. So it would have to be Earth based, not Mind based. Idea

2. Runes have names? scratch Specific names? I"m gonna have to go catch up on Rune procedure and protocol...

3. As for being blind, he totally has 4 other senses to get around by. And being raised in the Isles - it would totally take a bad@ss to navigate that place blind, right? The way I see it, if he can make it there... navigating a normal town would be a cake walk. But to be specific, not having the use of your eyes does not mean you're "blind" to the world. He would have to focus with his other senses. I mean, look at Daredevil. And no, not crappy Ben Affleck Daredevil. Abadonn has nothing to do with Ben Affleck. Just for the record...
Back to top Go down
MGCabbil
Novice Recruit
Novice Recruit
MGCabbil

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Formalities & Salutations.   Formalities & Salutations. Icon_minitime2/18/2008, 08:17

Alright, check it out! That should cover everything.
Back to top Go down
Trance Maxwell
The Legendary Gunslinger
The Legendary Gunslinger
Trance Maxwell

Character Information
Description & Attire:

PostSubject: Re: Formalities & Salutations.   Formalities & Salutations. Icon_minitime2/18/2008, 09:01

Looks good. Sorry if I confused you about Rune Names but they're no specific names. This is after all a free forum, creativity of the mind is sort of the only prerequisite here! Good job overrall, it is an interesting runic formula to be sure.

I'm completely good on you not relying on runes for sight, if anything it does add character depth. After all, the Xummetri guild sacrifices sight for certain powers (more on them to be added later to the game) but the way I see it your others senses would be stronger in a sense to make up for the lack of visuals. Not that it means you will walk around completely unchallenged. Even 'Daredevil' your example still has issues with getting around if say, his hearing is penalyzed. So a little common 'blindman-ness will be more than common, especially if Abadonn hasn't traveled often. Still, it will make descriptions of combat with him more than interesting! Give a thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Formalities & Salutations.   Formalities & Salutations. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Formalities & Salutations.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CLAN: Age of Legends :: CLAN Chronicles :: Trial of Towers-
Jump to: